A simple but very tasty recipe for French Onion Soup*
- 3 Medium onions
- 1 1/2 pint of Vegetable stock (~800ml)
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- a pinch of caster sugar
- salt & pepper
- 2 0z butter (approx 60g)
- slice the onions and sweat in butter for approximately 20 minutes or until brown (use a medium heat at most)
- stir in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes
- add the stock, sugar, salf and pepper and cook for a further 20 minutes.
* I know many people have recipes for this, but I’ve actually tasted this one and enjoyed it. I whether it’s the traditional recipe, I don’t know.